You'll still get home in time for Hallowe'en!
But first, CRE needs your help. If you have an hour or a day, whether you are an expert or use words like "thingamabob" and "doohickey", we need your help.
Camp Rock Enon Beaver Day
October 31st 9am – 4pm
Projects for clans or large groups (8 to 12 people):
· Paint exterior windows and trim at Bowman Lodge.
· Install water diverters in walking trail below Site.
· Clean gutters at Trading Post, Bowman Lodge, Buffalo Lodge, Med Lodge, and Dining Hall.
· Clean in and around enclosure behind Dining Hall.
· Remove leaves under front porch of Buffalo Lodge and front steps of Dining Hall.
· Take down, cut, and distribute 2 trees at Ranger's house.
· Perform following tent platform repairs:
o Big Oaks - platform supports (2 platforms)
o Hepner - damaged cross brace
o Hepner - 2 platforms with centers sagging
o Hickory Ridge - platform with center sagging
o Hilltop - 2 platforms
o Pinnacle - install cross brace
o Pinecrest - damaged floor board (2 platforms)
o Staff Hill - platform with center sagging
· Replace platform flooring:
o Hepner - 3 platforms
o Hickory Ridge - 2 platforms
o Laurel Ridge - 2 platforms
o Sleepy Hollow - 4 platforms
o Sutton - 4 platforms
Projects for smaller groups:
· Install bench seating at OA ceremony circle.
· Replace at Bowman Lodge (family quarters), Trading Post, and Tall Timbers cabin.
· Repair screens at Dining Hall: front (2), front right corner window, road side near exit door, front side toward Bowman.
· Repair front steps at Med Lodge.
· Build concrete handicapped ramp at end of existing ramp at Med Lodge and concrete step at new porch of Trading Post.
· Bowman Lodge - light out in Family Quarters, check power to barbecue pit
· Dining Hall (kitchen) - light out under hood, check lights in utility closet, light out in storage area
· Frontier Lodge - replace orange wire with flex wire
· Garrabrandt Lodge - check light to flag pole for short
· Staff Area - lights in showers area and in lounge
· Quartermaster Shed:
· Clean out/organize storage area.
· Place pallets on floor under supplies.
· Clean or replace shower curtains - Youth, Adult, and Staff Showers.
· Adult Showers - handle on first sink
· Bowman Lodge - hot side of sink in main area restroom, elements for water heater to female dorm
· Hepner - ball valve at sink leaking
· Med Lodge - shower shut-off valve, sink shut-off valve, leak under commode
· Trading Post - flush handle (restroom #1), element/thermostat for water heater
· Leak in main line between kitchen and showers.
· Leak in main line between Pinecrest and Hilltop.
· Leak at valve in Indian Village.
· Leak in pipe next to door at pump house.
· Dining Hall and Kitchen - check for leaks around ventilators
· Frontier Lodge - install chimney flashing
· Hepner - hole in roof of sink pavillion
· Med Lodge - repair roof above gutter (right side of building)
· Pinecrest - damaged on cabin
· Scoutcraft - pavillion roof need extensive repair
· Sutton - minor repairs to shingles on pavillion