CRE Beaver Days
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
If you are that person who can perform any type of labor to help the camp (and its weary old ranger), please report to Camp Rock Enon at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 29, 2010, to participate in the Beaver Day. Or, if you are RETIRED, UNEMPLOYED, or OTHERWISE AVAILABLE, a special weekday Beaver Day is scheduled for Wednesday, June 2, 2010.
There will all sorts of projects to complete (a partial list is included below), and EVERYONE IS WELCOME.
· Distribute and set up tents and cots in all sites.
· Roofing repairs at various locations.
· Install electrical service to first Adirondack in Sleepy Hollow campsite.
· Straighten and brace rope bridge and climbing rope in Obstacle Course.
· Burn refuse at burn pile.
· Various projects at Waterfront area:
· Install new light fixture in shelter
· Remove old siding boards from tower
· Rake and level sand along beach area
· Clean walk-in refrigerators and replace screening at Dining Hall.
· Clean all shower houses and re-caulk around tiles in Adult Showers.
Many other projects are available and may be assigned. Tools will be provided, but you are encouraged to bring your own favorites, especially if you have power tools you want to show off. Please come ready with your own work gloves, sturdy boots, and clothes that you don't mind getting dirty! Pick-up trucks are especially needed.
Lunch will be provided by the camp.
Who's invited? Everyone! Bring troops, packs, crews, families, and friends; but most of all, bring yourselves, so you can be proud of your work for Camp Rock Enon!
Please contact Ranger Frank at 540-858-2551 for more information.