We never fail when we try to do our duty, we always fail when we neglect to do it. Robert Baden-Powell
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Mostly cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely... mainly in the eve-ning. Lows in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent.
Trading Post Special
Let’s Go Fishing! Buy a fishing pole & get a lure FREE!
Remember to check the Red Lockers in the Scout Master Lounge Daily!
Outgoing mail –Mail Bag in lobby of Buffalo
Open 30 minutes after every meal
3:00 to 5:00
Friday Open Swim
Rock Enon Springs Resort
Rock Enon Springs Resort was built up around a mineral water spring and was originally called Capper Springs after an early settler, John Capper. In 1856, William Marker bought the property and built a hotel to accommodate guests at the springs. During the mid 19th century, it became very popular as a place for people to heal various ailments by soaking in the spring's "medicine" waters. The resort survived the American Civil War and continued to draw Virginia's elite. It changed owners several times until, in 1919, it was purchased by Fred Glaize, Sr. and Lee Herrellin who tore down several buildings and the original wing of the hotel. The resort continued to lose business until 1944 when the Glaize Family sold the resort to the Shenandoah Area Council.
The Main Hotel was located on the Parking Lot of Camp Rock Enon. Lumber from the old hotel was used to build Buffalo Lodge.
Rock Enon Springs had a station along the Winchester and Western Railroad un-til the 1930s, when the railroad was shortened to Gore.
One of the most famous guests was John Phillip Sousa, the composer of many marches like Stars and Stripes Forever.
If you would like to see what Rock Enon Springs Resort might have looked like turn left on Back Creek Road and go to Capon Springs Resort which is still in business today.